Friday, February 17, 2012

Laura


7/17/2002

We met Laura today. I have known she was there for years but she's never communicated anything but emotions and we didn't know how to reach her. Didn’t know if she even had a name. The whole thing from the entry last night brought her forward today. It amazes me how many different things can be affected by one situation. We left off in the entry where we planned to start today in our session. That situation just reinforced the “I'm bad and everything's my fault” message and crushed this little alter.

She is 8 and asked to be called Laura. I will have to check on the meaning of the name, but she chose it after a person in history she admires. If I can get a few minutes quiet before we make dinner, we'll spend this evening helping her get adjusted.